Happy New Year Negotiations Ninja listeners! I’m excited to share updates and changes coming in 2019. But first, you can’t look forward to 2019 without reflecting on 2018. In this special episode of Negotiations Ninja, I present our top five most downloaded podcasts with highlights and insights from each fantastic guest. So sit back as we recap what we’ve been through and where we’re going!
Outline of This Episode
- [1:13] What’s happening in Negotiations Ninja this year!
- [3:15] Shoutout to the biggest fans of the podcast
- [5:08] #5: Hostage and Crisis Negotiations with Jack Cambria
- [16:11] #4: Nonverbal Communication in Negotiation with Joe Navarro
- [22:31] #3: Human Behavior Hacking In Negotiations with Susan Ibitz
- [29:38] #2: Confidence in Negotiation with Mark Davis
- [32:31] The #1 episode downloaded on the Negotiations Ninja podcast
- [36:21] Upcoming guests Negotiations Ninja will be hosting in 2019
#5: Hostage and Crisis Negotiations with Jack Cambria
My interview with Jack Cambria challenged me on many levels but also felt like the best interview I’ve done—and not because of anything I did. Jack is the negotiation instructor that crisis negotiators learn from. He’s dedicated his life to the service of others. When he talks about negotiation, he’s sharing innate wisdom from years of experience. How does Jack persuade someone to lay down their arms and surrender? Listen to hear what he believes is the #1 trait that makes the best negotiators.
#4: Nonverbal Communication in Negotiation with Joe Navarro
Joe is THE #1 go-to body language expert in the world. He’s a fantastic author—I’ve read every one of his books—and spent years working for the FBI. He’s also a renowned speaker, consultant, and sought-after TV commentator. How can you leverage non-verbal communication to get more of what you need in negotiations? How do you create a baseline for the other party? The master himself shares the key in this clip.
#3: Human Behavior Hacking In Negotiations with Susan Ibitz
Susan Ibitz is the Human Behavior Hacker. She specializes in face reading, statement analysis, body language, and micro-expressions. We discuss how understanding each of these four areas can make you a better negotiator. She also dispels myths about negotiation, specifically how to tell if someone is lying to you. How do you differentiate between the truth and a lie? Listen to find out!
#2: Confidence in Negotiation with Mark Davis
Mark Davis smashed downloads with this episode. He’s a performance mindset coach that believes how you negotiate your way through your life and career all comes down to confidence and mindset. It’s no secret that confidence is required to perform well in negotiations. But most people get in their own way. Why is confidence so fragile? Mark shares the surprising truth in this poignant clip.
The #1 most downloaded episode in 2018 will be revealed in the rest of the episode. If you want the answer, listen to this special edition of the Negotiations Ninja podcast!
Resources & People Mentioned
- Spy the Lie
- Hostage and Crisis Negotiations with Jack Cambria
- Nonverbal Communication in Negotiation with Joe Navarro
- Human Behavior Hacking In Negotiations with Susan Ibitz
- Confidence in Negotiation with Mark Davis
- The #1 episode downloaded on the Negotiations Ninja podcast
Connect With Mark
- Follow Negotiations Ninja on Twitter: @NegotiationPod
- Connect with Mark on LinkedIn
- Follow Negotiations Ninja on LinkedIn
- Connect on Instagram: @NegotiationPod